Wednesday 7 January 2009

For Ben

Land of Heart's Desire
Where beauty has no ebb, decay no flood,
But joy is wisdom. Time an endless song.

W.B. Yeats






You remember Macik in very special ways. I will always remember you for allowing me to put my head on your lap and cry my heart out on 21 Sept 1982 - the day my beloved brother departed.

Don't worry about yesterday's accounts - we still have many (?), several (?) tomorrows.
Welcome back to our Universe. This time, don't stay away too long.

P.S. Help Lely, how did I get 2 videos?

5 comments:

Rockybru said...

wow, was that me? Adidas Rome, too! I'd always thought I would own and drive a station wagon just like the one you had back then. Was this in 77, Miss Hamid?

Anonymous said...

Miss Hamid,
Looks like i need to quit this job and become your permanent assistant.

Jendol, you remember the song, "All I Have to Say I Love You in A Song" by Jim Croce ?? kekeke...

anak si-hamid said...

Yes, that was in 1977 - on the way back after Kota Tinggi - just before I escaped to Brunei.
As for those shoes - Phew ! didn't we all complain about the pong !!!

Anonymous said...

wahduh !!! that photograph brings me a million emotions !!

Yes, pickle Herring ( btw, who are you? )i remember singing that song....even now, when i remember my dearest Irene.....oh how over all those years if i could tell her how i felt....maybe it works,maybe not but regrets not knowing what may have turn out.

Remember i used to keep winning at Gin Rummy during that trip ?

Well.....I CHEATED big time !!

anak si-hamid said...

Pickled Herring is the other woman leaning on your shoulder.

You're still a dreamer - and we allowed you to cheat otherwise you'll throw a tantrum when you lose.

Well as Mus puts it, it's like the Gathering of the Eagles!!

And can we have a picture of your family? Promise we won't reveal your secrets - at a price.