I have finished my postings (which I said I would do) on Remember Me -2 and Remember Me - 3. But they have to remain in cold storage.
After I posted Remember Me - 1; on the very next morning I clicked on to it - and ..........
|This was what I got (minus the part in the rectangle enclosed in black) and the address of my blog in the space in the paragraph above.
So readers to Ash, you have been warned that this is a deceptive site and and I just might "reveal your personal information, e.g. passwords, phone numbers, credit cards etc".
|Aaah! "Social Engineering"
What does that mean?
|Really! Did I do all that??
So, I got my knuckles rapped. Sorry Sir/Madam, Sorry Boss/Madam, Sorry Guv/Madam.
I promise not to .........
From now on I shall only write about food, fashion, celebrities, cars, Bitcoin, property investment ...... and nice fluffy rabbits!!!
What about Sinovac and prezzies and donations?
Can I make a mention of a teeny-weeny bit of Apartheid?
As Malaysia is struggling with the horrendous rise of Covid 19 cases, we and the rest of the world are counting on the vaccines to counter this Third (?) Wave that is bringing chaos to our lives and our livelihood.
As usual, this boils down to accessibility and cost. Last year we were fighting for ventilators. This year the saviour vaccine becomes the main issue. Read ...
Dr Jomo Kwame Sundaram, of course, is a well-known Malaysian academic appointed to the now-defunct Council of Eminent Persons created by the last Government led by Dr Mahathir when Pakatan Harapan won a resounding victory in the 2018 Malaysian General Election . Well, Dr Jomo is concerned with vaccine apartheid - but aren't we all?
Let's consider Penang.
Just recently and it's still ongoing, there has been quite a bit of kerfuffle with Penang over the Sinovac vaccine.
It seems that Penang has been given 2 million doses of the Sinovac vaccine .... but .....
There are several issues here.
1. Sarawak got the approval to buy. How did Penang manage to get a gift of 2 million doses? Who is the donor and why the handout? Surely there is a difference between a donation and a purchase.
2. The application was submitted on 15 February but ......... come May, even .....
|Still waiting for approval.
3. Malaysia, on 23 April allowed conditional registration of Sinovac. Singapore was still making an assessment on 18 May.
|It was left to the Chinese Embassy to highlight the arrival of Sinovac in Singapore.
....... and furthermore,
Just three questions.
1. If this Sinovac came free - who is the kindly donor? Is it from an individual or an Institution or commercial benefactor?
2. Why to Penang only? Smacks of some kind of special selectivity, or a variation of apartheid? Is it a reflection of the irresistible charm of the DAP government of Penang?
3. What if Kelantan or Trengganu received such a "gift"? That would be branded as Ketuanan Melayu.
The moral of the story is : Troy was brought down - after a long siege by the Greeks - when they brought into the city what they regarded as a gift of a wooden horse that the Greeks had left behind.
The phrase "Trojan horse" is derived from;
|Somewhat like "musuh dalam selimut"?
Hence we get the term "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts".
|Greeks bearing gifts.
But be assured this posting is not a Trojan Horse.
Fingers crossed, I hope big brother does not deem AsH as a "deceptive threat" again.
Tanya sama burung
Apa sebab terbang.
Nanti jawab burung