Tuesday 17 August 2010

Heavy on my mind

This touching scene was taken on the night of the Rainbow Band Reunion Dinner two weeks ago.

We could not help but notice this sweet child spending a good ten minutes or so gently stroking and playing with this stray cat. It was so obvious they loved each other's company and we all felt such a rush of joy and hope in watching this beautiful encounter between two innocents.

I wish I could leave the story here. But there's a lot more.

I've been wanting to complete this story for weeks because the dismal shadows behind this tender picture have been tearing at my conscience.

But I've been laid low by racking coughs and a head that feels like it's been caught in a tight vice. I have not had it this bad for years.

I will get it done as soon as I can get my phlegmy brain to move from back to front or inside out? It's not a new story. It had been in the papers and blogs for a couple of years.

You knew about it, didn't you Din? Thank you for keeping us in ignorance and giving us those moments of pleasure with that lovely child and his tortoiseshell cat.

He is forever and ever a little angel and I pray he will have a happy life which can also include a cat.

12 comments:

imsunnysideup said...

OMG...i forgot all about csispian st peters....jln mas kuning...

ph said...

i too pray that he will have a happy life. i shall always remember his sweet gentle face.

And i hope you get well soon.

Wan Sharif said...

Salam Ramadhan Kak Maznoor,
Wow it looks serious..
If my other half has " a head that feels like it's been caught in a tight vice", I would have asked her to use 10 hair pins (3 inches metal clip used to hold ladies hair)to grip all her 10 fingers to apply some pressure on each nail.. that what I learned from "reflexology".
If you do not have the pins the you have to use your thumb and index to apply the pressure on each finger.. a bit slow and time consuming.. kalau bukan bulan ramadhan you should drink 2 glass of cold /plain water after a session of reflexology (30 -45 minutes)
You can have a good try.. my other half said it relieve some pain..

Raden Rohaya Lopez said...

I am sure he will grow up to be a responsible and loving person! As yourself, hope you get well soon!
xoxoxo

bekoo said...

I don't like the sound of your blog. I hope we had not (unintentionally) encourage child abuse by orphanages thru making donations via these poor orphans.
My heart goes out to all these orphans and the less fortunate.
take care, b

Rockybru said...

Dear Ms Hamid,

Don't you worry about the shadows, ma'am. We did what hearts told us to do, and that was wonderful! That IS wonderful.

Cheers.

anak si-hamid said...

sunnysideup,

His best song was The Pied Piper
and also Jilly Honey, remember?

anak si-hamid said...

Wan Sharif,

That's very good advice - the problem is getting the pins. Reflexology sometimes works with me but most of the time in KL I prefer acupuncture.

Salam to you too and have a blessed Ramadan

anak si-hamid said...

ph, roy and bekoo,

Thank you for the comments and the good wishes. We all want the same for this child but the system stinks!!

anak si-hamid said...

Thank you Din,

The heart is sometimes the only and the last consolation.

But a root and branch reconstruction is much needed in our complacent and self-satisfied Malay-Muslim community if we want to keep the spirit and the heart strong and free.

Or else, let us all, like Luncai, drift in the river, on our pumpkins. Let it be, let it be.

But, no regrets for what we shared with that angel-boy.

Wan Sharif said...

I think you can still buy the pins kat pasar malam atau kat kedai runcit.. normally kedai mamak ada jual pin tu..
The last time I saw them.. they were sold in 5's attached to a piece of 3x4 inches cardboard..

anak si-hamid said...

Wan Sharif,

Thank you for solving my problem. I shall have to try your method, hairpin or no hairpin.