Wednesday 11 March 2009

From Pusara Aman to Pusara Abadi [1[ (CsH)



Thank you for the days,
Those endless days, those sacred days you gave me.
I'm thinking of the days,
I won't forget a single day, believe me.

I bless the light,
I bless the light that shines on you, believe me.
And though you're gone,
You're with me every single day, believe me.

Days I'll remember all my life.
Days when you can't see wrong from right.
You took my life,
But then I knew that very soon you'd leave me,
But it's alright
Now I'm not frightened of this world, believe me.

On the 9th of March my father's and youngest brother's graves at Pusara Aman were exhumed and re-interned at Pusara Abadi.

All the time I thought I could not face this day but I did. In my blog of December 20th, 2008 I wrote :"I told my Abah not to worry for I will be there when they move him and I also said to Akim that all will be well..."

All went well, except for when the heavens came down and Abah's exhumation had to be done the next day. But despite that blip I came back happy; not only because the task was successfully completed but because these two much-beloved men were by my side, giving me their strength. I FELT AND KNEW THEY WERE THERE. ALLAH HU AKBAR.

Nothing will frighten me now.








No comments: