Thursday 22 April 2010

The Lovers, Dreamers and Ben

A Reply to Singaporean-in-Exile aka Nowhere Man aka Baba Ben

Of course you are never forgotten by your mates from 30 years ago.

Firstly you need to sort out the hole in your head, "to stop your mind from wandering".
"Where I belong I'm right where I belong".

So wander on when you can to visit your Rainbow Connection or the JSS Lovers and Dreamers. But don't wait till you're 64 as you threatened to do. By that time I will be pushing up daisies and as 'bibik' said, "you dah tak handsome lagi" like this. Also Oi Bek expects you to keep on crooning.

Furthermore, remember this is one of AsH's many talents.

Be afraid, be very, very afraid.

10 comments:

Nowhere Man said...

Thank You, so much for that post. It means a lot to me right now...

I'm so tired of everything at the moment and things sometimes doesn't seems to be getting better all the time..That road is indeed long and winding.

Thanks, once again and I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Nowhere man,
sitting in his nowhere land.

Bibik said...

Baba, actually you're not bad looking especially bila lu senyum -manis macam gula batu.

anak si-hamid said...

I'm sorry boys and girls. There's a gremlin in my blog. 3 comments have evaporated into the ether.

Irene said...

Ben... always so brilliant in your writing!!

Take it easy with whatever you going through now. It will pass...

Bibik said...

AsH, could the gremlin be "Two Pisang" ??

Anonymous said...

Our dear old Baba Ben,
I am sorry to hear that things are not going your way right now. Don't worry, there's always a silver lining, you may not see it now, but it's there.

take care, old fren,
bek,

Anonymous said...

Dear Rojiah Motorsir,
I hope you are reading this blog.
If so, please do drop us a line.
We would love to hear from you.

Yr ole & fat fren, bek,:)

ruqxana said...

Baba Ben

Take it easy - I am sure things will work out.

Mamee

Anonymous said...

Where did u get those old pics(latest blog) of us.?....I looked so camp and painfully ugly.Those pictures brought many good memories. That pic was taken at Market number 1 if I right. We were 16.... no.... they were 16.... Din and I were still 15 then ( hehehehe).

On the serious note... you gave me so much love and support in those days.Thank you for writing our history in a very loving and meaningful way. It means alot to me. Hope to see you soon. Regards to Lely, Irene, Oi Bek, Ruk, Royaha,Din, Ben and Rojiah.
Youngest but One

Bibik said...

My dear Ben, there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheer up Baba !!