Sunday 24 May 2020

Salam Hari Raya



THIS has been a worrying and despairing Ramadan because of the plight of a loving family who are very dear to us.  They are just "our bloody neighbours"  ( an endearing term we use for each other), but just as close and as good as being our "anak buah".


THIS has been a Ramadan of guidance, of revelation  which has enabled me, in the words of   P. Ramlee's "Suara Takbir" to savour the experience of  'rasa dalam kalbu, tenteram dan aman selalu'.






THIS has been a Ramadan that gave me hope for the future of my Tanah Pusaka with professionals like Datuk Dr Noor Hisham bin Abdullah, with scenes like this : of our frontliners doing their duty with compassion and integrity towards all Malaysians.


We have a lot to be proud of, especially the Malays who make up a majority of the frontliners.  The job has to be done and done properly even though the Malays have been insulted  as if they are the scum of Malaysia, being accused not only of being shameless, untrustworthy, unreliable, dishonest, etc. etc. and most recently, of being bacul    (cowardly and weak).

Remember this abusive comment on the Malaysian Armed Forces by a billionaire beneficiary of Malaysia's corrupt and Malaycentric governance?


I hope Taukeh Koon Yew Yin and and the likes of him are now satisfied -  that they are getting their money's worth!!




THIS has been a Hari Raya where I had the opportunity to listen to a Prime Minister leading the Takbir Hari Raya.  At 76, I doubt if I will get another chance and this one by Prime Minister Muhyiddin bin Yassin is good enough for me - poignant enough to make me shed tears like each and every time I hear it on Hari Raya mornings in our Kampung at Pasir Panjang (1950s) and Jalan Mas Kuning (1960s/70s) when I still had my Emak, Abah and my adik bongsu Mustakim.  Al Fatiha.



Covid 19 or not, may Allah bless my beloved Tanah Pusaka.

Today is the tomorrow we thought of yesterday.  But my today is full of yesterdays.

My warmest Hari Raya greetings to all, Maaf Zahir Batin - with  a sweet memory of the Hari Raya that my Abah made for his children in 1947, Kampung Chantek Singapore.




1 comment:

minyakgaz.blogspot.com said...

mmmm.. Selamat Hari Raya Kak... where is this Kg Chantik now?