Saturday 31 July 2010

In the spirit of "Scotland the Brave"



From tomorrow - for a week - AsH will be "takin the high road" to Penang with her brave Scotsman of the Clan Buchanan.Tartan Clan Buchanan

The Motto "Clarior Hinc Honos" means "Henceforth forward the honour shall glow ever brighter"

Loch Lomond in Buchanan Country

Remember how he was terrified of being under the same roof with six young ladies from Singapore?

Well, this time he will be 'riding through' a Seminar titled "Resisting Hegemony", and with 'bold hearts and nodding plumes' he shall present his case. It will be quite a challenge because I reckon the other participants are not as pretty and as loopy as the girls in the Rainbow Band.

I wish I could find him a sarung that has the same colours as his tartan because I think he would find it a great comfort to hold - like Linus and his blanket.

But never mind, the 'spirit of Scotia' and nearly 25 years of eating petai and sambal blacan should see him through.

See you all in one week's time.

14 comments:

Aishah said...

Enjoy Penang or should I say how was the trip. A brave Scotsman indeed to have conquered the petais.

BB said...

Yes... well....the Buchanan castle is on a golf course and owned by the bloody Graham's.

mokja said...

Pn,
Your posting brought memories of the days I was in Scotland however brief it was.Found the Scottish are friendly people and their countryside breathtaking.

ph said...

Relaks Uncle, Malaysia boleh Uncle Iain boleh..

Wan Sharif said...

Wow,
Kak AsH remembered Linus and his security blanket.. in Peanuts I supposed.
I read all cartoon strips whenever I came across them.. I was advised to do that by my Headmaster upon receiving a complaint from my classteacher that my English was way too kampungan.. it should be too kepulauan since I came from an island.. where hardly anyone heard an English word being uttered other than in school..

anak si-hamid said...

Thank you Aishah,
Our problem we found out, was not
the seminar but getting this internet connection at the hotel!

anak si-hamid said...

Dear BB,

I think the Buchanans should raid the Castle and wrest it back by force.Hope you're all in good nick out there.

Loads of academic waffle out here. Get me back to the real world...Help!

anak si-hamid said...

Thank you mokjadeandell,

May I put it this way? The countryside is friendly and the people are breathtaking ......especially the men in their kilts.
But then I'm biased. I simply adore Sean Connery!!

anak si-hamid said...

ph,

By today, wednesday, your uncle is knackered.

anak si-hamid said...

Dear Wan Sharif,

Thank you. Your teacher and Headmaster gave you the right advice. The boy from the pulau has done well in his language. They should be proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Somehow the tartan looks like the motifs on Isetan shoping bag! I think Iain should march in there and demand the royalty!

ruqxana said...

If Uncle can manage all the jarungs, he will sail through this seminar. Love you both! :)

anak si-hamid said...

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you. We're now on our way to Isetan.

anak si-hamid said...

Thank you Ruq,

There are more than sharks here. Also a lot of jellyfish, literally and metaphorically.